Monday, March 14, 2011

Noctuary

Noc´tu`a`ry

n 1. A record of what passes in the night; a nightly journal.


I have always had such a fascination with the silence that is night. For me the world seems to stop, and I am alone, alone with my thoughts, my feelings, my insecurities, wrapped within the warmth of my bed. Besides the occasional rain, the only noise that I hear, is the steady breathing of my dog. It is then that the most amazing ideas seem to manifest in my mind. It is then that I am the most free to HEAR my own thoughts.

While laying in bed the other night, I wondered about all the people, near and far, dreaming, thinking, crying, tossing and turning, thinking. Who are they? What passes through their head’s at night?

I’ve decided to find out, and that’s where you come in. I’m asking for a moment of your time, for your thoughts, for your emotion, for your honesty. I have no idea how large this series of images will be. All that I know is, this project is something I want to do, and I’m hoping that your sheer curiosity and that fact that I know that I’m not the only one who lay’s awake at night thinking will compel you to join me in this project.

If you want to be a part of this sort of documentary experience through words and images I ask you to write, please write for one week, every night, whatever comes to your mind. It can be one word, it can be a poem, it can be a full blow paragraph, it can be whatever you want it to be, I just want to know your thoughts, just for one week. After you’re done send them to me via mail, e-mail, facebook, text, whatever is most convenient for you. After I receive it I’m going to read through them and create a concept shoot based on each persons individual text. I know not all of you are in the bay area, however I travel to LA and other parts of SoCal frequently, and I have no problem coming to where you are in order to shoot this. In return for your time and words, each person will receive their own custom print.

The Deadline for completion of your Noctuary is March 31st.

I will also be posting my own Noctuary and Image on March 24th.

Feel free to e-mail me or call with your questions at Krystaldz@gmail.com

Join Noctuary HERE- http://touch.facebook.com/?w2m#/event.php?eid=210654565614685

No comments:

Post a Comment