Thursday, November 5, 2009

Censorship

inspiration..
where to find it,
is this moving,
do people understand the way I think...?
can everyday be moving, touching, inspiring.
how do you get people to open there eyes and see life as it is, and be changed by it?

why do I always ask the complicated question's to which I know there is NO definitive answer, only hour upon hour long conversation filled with metaphor that causes me to think more, to dig deeper than the question itself.

every once and a while I'll find a piece that stops me,
I'll find a mind that intrigues me.

sad that this particular video and photo montage piece that curator Yasmina Reggad was asked to be removed from the Derby’s Guildhall gallery, as part of the Collectives Encounter project showing during the Format festival.

how do you censor life?
pardon the verbiage, but 'it is what it is.' life's not censored so how can art?
the same gallery had a series of shitty pictures(excuse the pun) 'pictures of shit,' that was not taken down.
so Im posting it, to some this may be controversial but at the end of the day it's still art. what makes this piece different from other nude pieces of work hung in galleries al over the world??

In my eyes this is a beautiful piece.

Full story here & council response here

No comments:

Post a Comment