Thursday, July 14, 2011

assignments



Imitate Erik Almas style in a product shot, if Almas was to shoot Products without people that is.

This was by far one of the most annoying assignment's to date. This class 'Concept Project,' is basically designed to get you to develop a style, if you don't already have one. It also teaches you to recognize styles in other photographers work. So our first two assignment's were to produce works in another artists style, but not to photograph what they usually do. I posted my Irving Penn landscape a few weeks ago, a much easier assignment for me because I shoot pretty simply like Penn. Erik Almas on the other hand is a pain in my side to replicate. Not may people in the class actually did, calling the assignment a loss. The guy does have a army of people spending their life in photoshop editing his work, hat's off.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment