Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cold day @ the beach

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately, I've been up to my eyeballs in homework and shoot's. I tell ya, where does the time go? If anyone know's let me know so we can take a trip and pick some up.

Anywhooo, I had a project this past week on light, and how it changes throughout the day. I wont bore you with the actually images from the shoot, they where pretty uninspiring. However I did mess around and get other shots in-between.

But before you take a look, let me just say that I think everyone should go to he beach and just sit. No books, no music, no phone (well @ least turn it off) take nothing but yourself, and just watch. Watch the ocean, watch the sun, watch your surroundings, I promise after you get over the initial shock of just sitting there, not checking you iPhone every five seconds, you'll wake up, I mean REALLY wake up and have a 'holy moment'. You know 'holy moments?'



I sat there for over 4 hours, shooting the changing light, and of course my iPhone died, I had no books no nothing but myself to entertain. So I was forced to sit and REALLY watch, to really see what was actually going on around me. I saw couples hand in hand walking down the coast, old and young. The random students taking pictures of themselves with the setting sun, a father watching his 3 year old son discover the world around him. All this built up to a women who brought her dog down to the water on a leash (dog looked as old as water) she unsnapped the leach and ran a little ways down the beach then called to the dog, I swear year's fell from that dog like rain from the sky, he ran towards her like he was a puppy again. All I could do was cry, while she jumped and played with him for a while, finally she put the leach back on and walked slowing home.

After hours of sitting I became so caught up in all these moment's that the simplicity of that 'one' struck my soul.








xxoo

Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment